Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the official website (“Site”) of Effect International, Inc. (aka “effect.org” or “Effect”).
Parties to this Agreement. The terms “you” or “your” in this Agreement refer to the user (“User”) who is visiting, accessing, or using the website in any manner. The terms “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Agreement refer to Effect and affiliated divisions of Effect’s organization (collectively “Our Organization”). Effect is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of the state of Utah, USA.
Third-Party Links. From time to time, we may provide links on the Site that will allow you to connect with websites of third-parties that are not under our control. We are providing these links only as a convenience to you and consequently, we assume no liability in this or any other regard. Further, there may be times while on the Site that you could be directed to websites that are beyond our control. This includes links from other organizations, sponsors, or volunteers that may use our logo(s) as part of an agreement with us. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. We assume no liability for these other sites as well.
General Use Rules. You agree to abide by the Rules governing usage of the Site.
You shall not post, communicate, upload, e-mail, transmit, distribute, or otherwise make available:
- any material or content that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party (including its intellectual property and proprietary rights) or any law;
- any material or content that contravenes any laws of the state of California which relate specifically to racial and religious harmony, or is calculated to deliberately, mischievously, recklessly or otherwise offend against the spirit and intent of such laws;
- any material or content that may be construed as being mischievous, unduly aggressive, subversive or promoting or denigrating any political cause or grouping;
- any harassing, slanderous, libelous or derogatory information or content;
- any advertisements for products or Site, “junk mail”, spam, chain mail, pyramid schemes, or other form of commercial or illegal solicitation.
- any obscene, racist, vulgar, discourteous, indecent or sexually explicit language or images, onto any of the Site, including all upload channels provided by us;
You shall not:
- harm, or attempt to harm, lure or deceive minors in any way, intentional or otherwise;
- create or use a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- interfere with, or disrupt, the operation of the Site, related services, or servers or networks connected to, or used in connection with the operation of the Site.
- disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations established by the owners or operators of any networks, hardware, or software connected to, or used in connection with the operation of the Site, or any requirement that we post on the Site;
- post or disclose phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other private information, relating to any other person or entity (e.g. brands, organizations, etc.).
You are responsible for the use of the Site, for any Content you post to the Site, and for any consequences thereof. You should only provide Content which you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Site and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Site or obtained by you through the Site is at your own risk.
With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, we prohibit the creation of accounts for anyone other than yourself. You are responsible for safeguarding and regularly changing (prompted or not) the password that you use to access the Site and for any activities or actions under your password.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with safety and security recommendations.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Site or your access to the Site for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. If we terminate your access to the Site or we or you deactivate your account, your photos, comments, likes, followers, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the Site to any legal and/or natural person for any reason at any time.
Interactive Participation and User Posted Information and Content
Posting Materials to Site. By posting materials to and/or communicating with other Users on the Site or in an Interactive Communication, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you have all necessary rights to such materials, and that the posting of such materials will not infringe on any personal or proprietary rights of any third party, including its intellectual property rights; and (b) such materials are not harmful, defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene, lewd, lascivious, harassing, and/or contrary to the principles, tenets, and mission of Our Organization.
We reserve the right to remove or block any and all postings and Interactive Communications, including those that we have been informed, or those that we consider, to be:
- Defamatory, libelous, slanderous or disparaging of, or insulting to, any person, group or entity; abusive or hateful; obscene, lewd, or vulgar; or contrary to, or inconsistent with, the principles, tenets, and Mission Statement of Our Organization;
- Postings or Interactive Communications that might be mischievous, seditious, harassing in nature or construed as stalking, or any postings that might otherwise be illegal or relate to illegal activity;
- Infringing on any third party intellectual property rights;
- Offensive to any particular political, religious, racial or social grouping whether for the purposes of espousing any particular viewpoint or otherwise;
- Seeking to directly or indirectly, subvert, promote or denigrate any political cause or grouping;
- Commercial solicitation.
Any such content or communications will be deleted and may be made available to the proper law-enforcement officials. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, but have no obligation to vary, amend or remove the materials for any reason at any time and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
Ownership in Posted Material. By uploading or communicating any materials, ideas or submissions to any of our Site, or submitting any materials to us in any other manner, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly granted) to us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials, or to incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
Ownership of Intellectual Property of This Site and Materials
Trademarks, Copyright and Intellectual Property Ownership. We use names, marks, brands, design marks, slogans, logos, designs, trade dress and trade names on the Site or with the Site “Our Trademarks”. We own all Trademarks, the Content, and other information displayed and posted on, contained in, and/or provided in connection with, the Site and/or the Site (collectively, Our Materials). Also, third parties have allowed us to post or use their materials and Trademarks on Site (“Third Party Materials”). We refer to Our Materials and Third Party Materials collectively as the “Materials”.
Copyright Notice. Unless otherwise stated or excluded, Materials contained on the Site are copyrighted materials of Effect International. Copyright © 2016 Effect International. All rights reserved. International copyright secured. We exclusively own, or have the right to use or license, all intellectual property in the Materials, proprietary information and know-how used with the Site. We maintain all of the web pages of the Site as a collective work under U.S. and other applicable copyright laws and protect the Site and Materials under our trademark and other intellectual property laws.
- You will not reproduce, edit, modify, rent, license, sell, distribute, mirror, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works from any Materials displayed on, or made available through the Site, or in connection with the Site, in whole or in part, by any means now known or later developed;
- You will not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any part of the Software;
- You will not copy, post or transmit any Materials that you receive from, access, or retrieve from, the Site or through the Site, to any server, or network of computers;
- You will not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership, displayed on, or affixed to, any Materials, including any copies of the Licensed Materials that you download and/or distribute; and
- You will not frame the Site within a mark other than that of Our Organization.
Limited License for Downloadable Materials
Downloadable Materials. We may identify certain materials on our Site as being downloadable (“Licensed Materials”). We grant you a limited license (the “License”) and encourage you to download these identified downloadable materials subject to the restrictions of the Terms. The License permits you to view, print, post, link (hyperlink), and make copies of the Licensed Materials for informational, educational, non-commercial, commercial, and personal purposes, without alteration of the materials. You can use the Licensed Materials in the format in which we make them available on the Site for download. If you wish to alter the format in any way or if you have a question as to a desired use of the Licensed Materials, contact us via email at email@example.com.
The License is subject to the following additional restrictions:
- The term “Distribution Fee” means any and all payments of monies, fees, royalties, remuneration, donations, gifts or other consideration, whether in cash or like-kind, received by, paid to, owed to, on or behalf of, a user or a distributor that arise from, or are in any way related to the provision, transmission, distribution, sale, license, lease, rental or other use of the Licensed Materials, including specifically without limitation, any fundraising activities.
- Trademarks, Copyright and Intellectual Property Ownership shall not be infringed.
- You shall not use the Licensed Materials in connection with, or relation to, any fundraising activities;
- You shall not use the Licensed Materials in a manner that suggests an association with or endorsement by us, or any of our products, Site, or brands; and
- You shall not download quantities of Licensed Materials to a database that can be used to avoid future downloads of any of the Licensed Materials from any of the Sites.
Reservation of Rights. We reserve any rights not expressly granted herein.
Personal Information and Privacy of Information
Provision of Your Personal Information. As a user of the Site, you can visit certain areas of the Site without revealing any information about yourself. In other parts of Our Site, you may be required to first apply to register as a User or to provide information for certain purposes, including registering, sending correspondence, purchasing or ordering a product or gaining access to a portion of the Site or our services. Any information you provide to the Site is referred to as “Registration Data”. We encourage you not to use, submit or provide any personal or sensitive information beyond what is requested or required for your transactions with us or our organization affiliates. We shall have no responsibility for use, misuse, loss or alteration of any unsolicited Registration Data provided by you.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you access to the Site. If you wish to cancel your account, we still reserve the right to keep your details within our records or database. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with any legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Accuracy of Personal Information. In operating our Site we seek to provide valuable information and we value accurate and honest communication. In using the Site, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself in Registration Data or other data and materials you provide. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of all passwords, user identification data, and other unique identifiers established in connection with your use of any part of the Site and/or our services. As part of your use, you agree to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide and to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site, and to refuse any and all current or future access to, or use of, the Site and our services. We will not be responsible or liable for such information, or any consequence resulting from such information.
Use by Minors. We are concerned about the safety and privacy of all of our Site’s users. This Site is not directed to or targeted at children. We ask that parents supervise their children while visiting our Site as with any other site on the Internet. For this reason, parents/guardians who wish to allow their children under the age of 18 to provide personal information to our Site must provide permission by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to any submission of personal information about or by a child.
Parents/guardians are entitled to ask to review any personal information about his/her child that may have been submitted to us; may request that we delete this information (if we still have the information in our databases); and/or instruct us not to collect or use his/her child’s information in the future.
Updated June 29th, 2016